Sunday 7 July 2019

Teacher Appreciation Card

Its been a long time since I made a teacher 'thank you' card and this one has been requested by my husbands work colleague, I have another one to make but inspiration is proving tricky.




I found the quote online and used Comic Sands font as when mine were at little school that was the font they used for the end of year reports :)  




The tree is from a very old stamp set by October Afternoon stamped in black versafine.  I rubbed the ink from one of the leaves and coloured it in green and attached the little button underneath for the apple, it turned out better than it started 😊

Challenge Links...

Color Throwdown (a little bit of green but it is there)
Sweet Stampin - Add a Button
Love to Craft - Anything Goes





9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card for a teacher! I love the inspirational quote and especially the little red apple - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really wonderful quote, and I'm guessing that the teacher who received this card will have tears in their eyes...I know I would. The OA tree is sweet, and the little apple is the perfect pop of color. Lovely card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. great design...love the apple and of course the quote says it all! brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant AND beautiful. What a lovely and heartfelt card. It is perfect for this week on The Color Throwdown Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely and CAS make - perfect for the occasion and thank you so much for sharing it with us over at the Love To Craft Challenge Blog

    Kathyk
    DT @ LTCCB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card!! Thank you for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the button apple. It is too cute and turned out great!

    x Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely design Claire and I am sure it will be treasured by the Teacher xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So stylish - and a real step up from the commercially produced teacher cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x