Saturday 19 May 2018

Floral Happy Birthday

I love flowers on cards and there are few challenges featuring blooms/nature or floral bouquets this week and I couldn't resist taking part.

I'm currently in my pastel/Spring phase so apologies for lots of pinks etc





I used Altenew Wild Hibiscus stamps, heat embossed in white, watercoloured with Gansai Tambi and fussy cut.  The leaves are a Tim Holtz die and also watercoloured.  I also used Memory Box Chloe stem, die cut from linen cardstock to add interest.  For the hexagon I first used Weathered Wood Distress Ink to create the wood grain then just die cut the shape.




I was stumped for ages trying to find a sentiment, then I remembered my old box of metal embellishments I used for my scrapbooks.  After finally finding said box, I was delighted that they really suited the card and that was it... done and dusted.

Challenge Links...

Inspired By - Photo Inspiration (hexagon and pink flowers)
Card Concept - Photo Inspiration (clean and layered/pink flowers, white and leaves)
HLS - Anything Goes with Dies
Stamping Sensations - Close to Nature
Addicted to Stamps - Make your Mark (watercolouring)

  

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Claire. Lovely design and I love the delicately coloured flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love your layout and the soft flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful designed card, I love how you have used the hexagon die cut as your background, it looks lovely against your beautiful flowers .
    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are beautiful and look amazing on your card! Loving the big hex for the background and that sentiment is pretty cool too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card - and no apologies needed for the pretty pink shades! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Claire and all blooms should be pink anyway so no apology necessary!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I don't find 'flower arranging' on a card very easy and I think you've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire, a stunning card, love the soft colours and the hexagon background with the wood grain effect. Have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and such very delicate blooms, many thanks for joining us in with our May challenge at Stamping Sensations.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful! Love the hexagon background! Thanks for playing at Inspired By :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hexagon is such great background for those beautiful flowers! And your colouring is gorgous! Glad I cane for a closer look :)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is GORGEOUS! I love the white embossing and coloring, and the background wood panel is a perfect accompaniment! So happy you shared it with us at Inspired By this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Design! Love the background and the beautiful flowers. Great inspiration! Thanks for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Striking card...
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beautiful card, I love the hexagon background and flowers! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your pastel/spring phase - this card is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x