Saturday 15 June 2019

Relax-Read-Repeat

A quick card to share before I miss the deadline on one of the challenges, time flies by so soon that a fortnight comes to an end rather too quickly.




I was inspired by the CASology cue word - CALM and from my personal perspective a good book and a cat curled on your lap is a wonderful example of being calm.




I've used Newton Nooks Book Club and coloured using Prisma pencils with a rainbow of books adding in some highlights here and there.  I've also grounded him as I'd be rather freaked out if my books and cat suddenly started floating in mid-air :)

Challenge Links...

Inky Paws - Inspirational Photo (rainbow)
Fusion - VW Hippie (took inspiration from the photo and used the sketch)
CASology - CALM
Day of the Month Card Club - Hug Your Cat Day


Our logo to take away!  / Our logo to take away!

16 comments:

  1. How completely cute and fun is this relaxing card! A good read is always good to calm the soul and having a furry pet join you makes it all the more joy! Love the CAS look of this one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great CAS design.
    Thanks for linking to the Inky Paws Challenge.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my idea of calm, Claire! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really relaxing just to look at this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely rainbow stack of books ♥ Thanks for joining us for this Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely! A good book and a sleeping cat are the best for rest and relaxation. And while reading you can also pet the cat well. Thanks for playing with DotMCC.
    Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute - and reading sure is relaxing and calming. Thanks for joining in the fun as CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the rainbow books Claire, it has given me the idea of ordering my books by colour!! Fabulous pencil work xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous CAS design Claire, and you have coloured that gorgeous image beautifully.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love kitties and books, so I think I might have just squealed a little! Love the bright colored books and sweet kitty. Yes, a good book and a purring cat are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this cute and calming card design, Claire! Your coloring and grounding are fantastic!! Thank you so much for playing in the Day of the Month Card Club! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful little scene - so peaceful and relaxed. Thank you so much for joining us on DotMCC.
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is truly adorable! Thank you so much for playing along with us at DOTMCC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My kind of kitty! Adorable! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing better than an adorable card with a kitty and books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute Card.... I love cats and books... a perfect match :)
    Have a nice day,
    Eunice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x