Tuesday 11 June 2019

Wishing You an Amazing Day

I fancied a change from cute cards and decided to use Altenews Adore You set and used watercolours instead of pencils... living craft life on the edge :)




I've been frugal this week and rummaged through my scraps from my scrapbooking days to find bits of vellum for this card.  I'd got an idea and wanted to run with it, I'm not the kinda gal who just wings it... tried that, disasters happen and patience wanes very quickly.

Pretty straight forward, stamped lots of flowers and leaves with Versamark and heat embossed in white.  On the reverse I watercolour with Zigs and die cut them... hindsight would suggest to not cut out vellum once its been heat embossed and wet - it cracks but bugger it, I had spent a lot of time colouring and unless you have a really critical eye you can't see it that much.

I'm not sure I like this card but hubby says its lovely so that will do for me but to be fair, I could toss a load of paper onto cardstock and he'd still say the same thing  :)

Challenge Links...

HLS  - Anything Goes with Dies
Make My Monday - Lots of Flowers
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes as long as its Birthday

Snippets Playground Badge




13 comments:

  1. I'm not sure why you don't like it Claire, as it's beautiful! The splash of all the colours going across your white CAS card is so striking. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect card! I love the white space, design and colours used! I have that set too and its one of my favs! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, hugs XoX Alli C - DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't even notice the cracks when I blew up the photo. It's a sweet card; the hubs was right about this one. That's a really pretty array of flowers and colored beautifully. Love the brightness! Perfect sentiment, too. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Went in for a closer look Claire, gorgeous details, I love your arrangement, it's such a pretty card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining in at MMM with this beautifully coloured floral card, love the vibrant colours against the white space

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers look just lovely, your hubby is spot on! What I like most is the CAS look with all the pretty flowers in a row and the sentiment nestled in among them. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Claire - you should really believe your hubby. This is gorgeous! I love the bold flowers across the card with a sentiment so perfectly placed to one side above. And it's so fresh and pretty as well!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I like it even if you don’t. What gorgeous colours. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing wrong with this one Claire...fabulous flowers in happy colours and a great CAS design. I have had trouble too with cutting out embossed flowers on vellum...not sure of the answer to that one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, love this gorgeous card, beautiful colours, fab design and any cracks just add to the charm...like my wrinkles!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty flowers & colors for the season. Anyone would like this card
    https://heartnsoul-amy.blogspot.com/2019/06/fly-meto-moon-for-3muses.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is delightful, I love the row of flowers and they are so bright and colorful! thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x