Saturday 2 June 2018

Bee Happy

A quick card to share today for a few challenges, strange how sometimes you make a card and it seems to fit into oodles of challenge themes!



As bees go, I'm not a huge fan but this Dovecraft one caught my eye and its fairly big considering he's sitting on a 7x5 card base.  A little thankful they don't actually come in this size, could you imagine? 

I used a Memory Box hexagon die as the base, die cut from an already inked background in Wild Honey.  The sentiment is washi tape adhered to smooth cardstock.



As for the bee, he was stamped in Versafine and then again in Versamark and clear heat embossed.  Added a dash of yellow alcohol marker and a Wink then fussy cut him out and popped him on foam tape and voila... Bee Happy.

Challenge Links...

Fusion - Sketch
Crafty Calendar - Three of something (sentiment x 3)
CAS on Friday - Embossing (the bee)
Addicted to Stamps - CAS 
Moving Along with the Times - Black, white and one other colour

10 comments:

  1. That is one cute card with the gigantic eye-popping bee! Love the hexes and washi tape sentiment too. I'd never leave the house if bees were this large! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire, a very pretty card, love the sketch you followed. I don't think I would like to meet a bee of that size, stings hurt enough the size they are now. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I am partial to a bee card myself and I love your use of hexagons and ribbon to tie it all in together. Thanks so much for joining us at MAWTT this week! x Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Moving along with the times.
    Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card, the touch of honeycomb looks fab and to wishes the design perfectly. If I ever saw a bee that size you wouldn't see me for dust!! Saying that we have had some massive bumble bees buzzing in and out of the house just recently!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enlarged your photo to get a closer look at your amazing bee...Such a beautiful card, Claire! I love how you added the honeycomb die cut, too...it's perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous and what a fab bee! thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue J xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a big bee and quite realistic looking - another fab design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x