Saturday 26 May 2018

Another Year Flies By

The cue card at CASology this week is THRILL.  The first thing that came to mind was hot air balloons as living in Staffordshire we see a lot during the Summer, they take off from Shrugborough which is a hop, skip and a jump away from me. 

It also holds sweet memories as I used to call the boys and we'd stand in the garden watching and waving, always thinking it must be such a thrill to be soaring with the birds.


The balloons and clouds are from Memory Box and I'd already decided I wanted to colour them with bright happy colours using alcohol markers.  I have no idea where the birthday sentiment stamp came from but it fits the card nicely.  


My boys are grown up now but I shall still stand and watch the thrill of hot air ballooning.

Challenge Links...

CASology - THRILL
Papercraft - Around the World (in a hot air balloon)
CAS on Sunday - Make a Birthday Card 
Love to Craft - Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. Love the idea of taking a thrilling balloon ride. I see them here in San Diego all summer. Your coloring is spendid, and your clouds and sentiment are all perfectly placed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the CAS look of this birthday beauty, with those colorful balloons and billowy clouds! I choose to stay grounded but I enjoy seeing these things in the sky :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous coloring on your hot air balloons and what a perfect sentiment for this scene! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Love To Craft! Hope to see you again!
    ~ DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Claire, a stunning card, love the bright colours of the balloons and the white on white with the clouds. The sentiment is the perfect one for the card... have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Claire!
    The colouring of the balloons is lovely :)
    Thanks for joining us at Cas on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time sure does fly by ... and what a thrill to be in a hot air balloon. Thanks for joining in the fun as CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colours and the sentiment fits beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning cards n blog I'm new to blogging and would love if you could follow me too thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in Papercraft Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x