Saturday 3 February 2018

Love Coffee

Swoon, not a word I use very often, if at all and considering Jason Statham and Robert Downey Jr are busy doing something in a place called Hollywood I had to rethink my approach to the CASology challenge.  Now I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in 'swooning' over a cup of coffee with its distinctive rich aroma... and that was the basis for todays card.



Now this bunny swoons over coffee so much he's dived in ears first to look for more at the bottom, leaving his own bottom on show!

The background was created with distress inks onto an acrylic block then spritz with water and stamped directly onto the card.  The coffee cup has been overworked, simply because the first layer dried to a shocking neon pink and wouldn't look out of place at an 80's rave so I got up this morning and toned it down quite a bit.  The 'coffee' is part of a bigger sentiment that I just masked out and inked up coffee, 'love' is a die.  To finish I added a generous amount of Stickles to his tail and some little pink hearts - not to his bottom of course, to the side of the card :) 

Challenge Links...

CASology - cue word SWOON (hoping coffee swooning is allowed)
HLS - February Watercolour (bunny and cup watercoloured with Inktense)
Double D - Kitchen is in the Heart of the Home (coffee)

20 comments:

  1. LOL ... too cute! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Kitchen is Where the Heart Is’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I love the coffee colored background! Thanks for joining the Double D, "Kitchen" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this fun card, Claire, a very clever take on the 'swoon' theme. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is hilarious and way too cute! Love the coffee stain-ish background you created. Absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Double D in our kitchen challenge. I wouldn't have wanted to miss this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coffee swooning is done at my house nearly every morning :) Nothing could be cuter than the bunny diving into the cup and I'd say he has a caffeine addiction perhaps! Adorable image, and a fun card to swoon over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE your card! I wanted to let you know that I’ve chosen your creation as one of my Top Picks and linked back to your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. Kathy at stampsatplay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab image. Love this cute card...the way you combined the die and the one word from a stamp set looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute and adorable!! It's how I love my coffee too lol! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D.
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet and adorable card! Love the colors and it has such a warm and happy feel to it. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
    Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fantastic background which is perfect for your theme. I haven't tried that idea for a while but I should. The bunny is very cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Claire, a beautiful card, love the background panel with the brighter colours you used. Have a wonderful week.. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a fabulous card - the background makes you think 'coffee' and the bunny makes it cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful background and colouring and the bunny disappearing into the cup brought a smile to my lips!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! This is such a cute card! That little bunny is hilarious and I totally swoon for coffee, too! Thanks for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super fun card. I’m swooning over the background. Love the cute bunny diving in to get his caffeine fix.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Claire! Man, I think I could dive into a cup of coffee today too. LOL! What a fun card and the inky brown panel looks perfectly yummy here! Congrats on being one of Kathy's top picks. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a super card Claire and great fun. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cool background, just as if you spilled coffee. Your card is fun and sweet.
    Thank you for joining our Happy Little Stampers Watercolor game.
    Regards,
    BożenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  19. such an adorable little scene - thanks for joining our February Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x