Saturday 15 August 2020

Hugs and All That

 A super quick birthday card featuring a stamp set called Rocking the Wreath by Tracey Hey Designs...




All I've done is stamped the image and added the teddy so he swings from the top of the wreath then coloured him with Prisma pencils.

With a few of the embellishment stamps I've added hearts and dots randomly to give a fuller wreath.




I've added a bit of Distress Oxide in stormy sky for part of the sentiment. 

I chose to leave this card rather plain as its for my son who'll be at University and he doesn't want a soppy over the top card sitting out... that's just not cool, Mom!

I think I got the balance just right :)

Challenges

Watercooler Wednesday - Dawns All About Occasions
Just Add Ink - Just Add T (teddy bear)
Inspired By - Critter Six Pack 
Papercraft - Animals




Grab the Badge


15 comments:

  1. Fantastic card for a young man. I like it plain too. :-) Teddy is so sweet and wonderful placed on the wreath.
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Claire. Lovely CAS design and beautiful colouring. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards, Claire. This is just so sweet. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a super sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet card and lovely CAS style. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous, Claire! A wonderful CAS card with max impact from the simple elements! Thanks for joining in at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Claire! Such a super sweet card with that cute little teddy. The stamping and colouring make for a fantstic CAS card. Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire, I am loving this sweet card. It is adorable. I adore the simplicity of it. Thanks, for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that bear is precious, what a sweet card! Thanks so much for joining us at IB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. too adorable! Love the cutie bear and sweet wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the perfect birthday card for your son with the most ideal sentiment of them all! No fuss, no frills, just as guys prefer, but I know he'll be glad you sent him a card to remember his birthday while he's away! Love that cute teddy bear with all those rings. I agree with you on these unwarranted closing of businesses - it just makes no sense to me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so gorgeous, I just love how you have decorated this wreath. It's so perfect I thought that must have been the stamp itself! I'm glad I came across you on the Just Add Ink blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Claire your card is so sweet and lovely.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! This is SO, SO cute! Thank you for inspiring us this week @ IB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. aaahw, I totally melt when I see this cute little bear. It dangles so sweet to the wreath.
    Thank you for sharing this cutie at our challenge.

    -xiss- Renate.
    (DT Papercraft Challenges)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x