Friday 7 August 2020

Sweet Birthday Wishes

Back in June I was honoured to win the repeat challenge over at Day of the Month Card Club and was invited to guest design for the August challenge.

For this month they are celebrating National Watermelon Day, I know right, who would have thought watermelons have a day and so onto my card...




I've used a Newtons Nook stamp called Newton's Melon, coloured him with Prisma pencils then fussy cut out.




The sentiment is a mash up of MFT Sweet die coloured with Distress Oxides and Lawn Fawn.




For the background I just smooshed it with barn door Distress Oxide and added in some paw prints as if Newton had made a total mess and got juicy paws all over the card.

I added some glossy accents on parts of the ink to give a shine and make it look wet then finished with a few crystals I've coloured black.

I hope you'll stop by and play with this months fruity challenge :)

Unser Logo zum Mitnehmen! / Our logo to take away!

8 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card Claire, love your inky background is fab and adorable image xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your card very much, the background looks like the juice of the melon if you've spilled too much.
    Thank you for supporting us as a guest designer this month.
    Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet is this kitty chomping on some juicy watermelon! My kitchen will have splatters like this as I just bought a watermelon yesterday and will cut into it today! LOL Love the little "mess" created with this juicy melon and congrats on your win which brought you a guest design spot! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eine herrliche Karte! So richtig erfrischend! Vielen herzlichen Dank, dass Du als GDT bei uns mitmachst. LG Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulation for the GD! I like your watermelon card very much. The background is so realistic, as if watermelon really splashed. :-) I like the cute motiv. You've fantastic colored it. The sentiment matches perfectly. :-)
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly fun and messy card! I LOVE watermelon, so this is right up my alley :o) Love that you made it look wet and added black "seeds"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! A beautiful juicy 'mess'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this cute card. Such a cute image and I like the smooshed background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x