Saturday 27 June 2020

Happy Anniversary

Its my in-laws anniversary early next month, they have a cat and dog so I had to use this image from Newtons Nook...


I coloured with Prisma pencils then fussy cut.   I wanted the card to show energy as its a celebration so I gently blended antique linen Distress Ink, stamped the streamers embossed in bright gold adding some splatters that went very rogue and covered the card, hmm!


I used a Memory Box scalloped edge die and added a strip of MFT patterned paper underneath.  The foil wrapper around the opening of the bottle has sparkle and the champagne has had Glossy Accents added.  The sentiment is from the same Newtons Nook stamp set - Newton Celebrates.

The ladies at As You Like It challenge you to pick your favourite digi or rubber stamps, well I fall into the latter.  Its a bit like books, CDs, DVDs... I'm all for the digital age but you just can't beat the feel of something real and the fact my printer hates me!

Challenges

Watercooler Wednesday - Tristan's All About Occasions
As You Like It - Digi or Rubber (always rubber)
Krafty Chicks - All Occasions
Allsorts - So Cute



Right Click to Save

Grab our logo


11 comments:

  1. Such a cute card! Love the critters!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what a perfect card for your in-laws anniversary! The image is adorable and colored beautifully and I love the celebratory background you created with popping a champagne bottle! It's cute, it's fun and they're going to love it. BTW, my printer isn't too fond of me either? What gives?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is certainly very sweet, perfect for this weeks 'So Cute' theme at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in the fun.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Your card is sweet and wonderful. Cute image and amazing design. I like the scalloped edge and addition of patterned paper. Fussy cut is perfectly done. You achieved amazing effect with gently blending of background.
    Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Claire. Love your colouring and that die cut border and striped DSP. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just adorable and your colouring and cutting is just wonderful. Thanks for joining in with my So Cute challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable... Such a gorgeous card, love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card Claire, great design and I hugely admire anyone that is brave enough to splatter!! Always lovely to see you join us at AYLI xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable, love the image, great card layout. Thank you for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks.

    Leanne DT/KC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card with such a sweet image. I am a bit late but thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

    Greetings,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x