Tuesday 2 October 2018

Happy Retirement

My husband asked me to make a retirement card for a work colleague from everyone in his department this week.  

*Gulp* 

I was pushing stamps around the table and of course my favourite dragon was on the top but I had no idea what to make.  I took a break and looked at some of the challenges for inspiration and AAA Cards caught my eye with a brilliant challenge based on a TV Show.  I looked at the dragon again and BINGO... The Clangers.  I used to love that show as a child with the whistling and weirdly they only ate green soup that was dished up by the Soup Dragon.  Kids tv was a little strange in the 70s but a lot more imaginative!

Anyway here is the card I finally managed to cobble together complete with a (boy) Soup Dragon...


I did ask if the colleague had a sense of humour as not everyone would appreciate a dragon but I kinda liked the look on his face.  He was coloured using alcohol markers and cut out using the matching dies.


I used a ruler, a rare sight when I craft just to align the letters and the 'Happy' is from Lawn Fawn.

Challenge Links...

AAA Cards - Be Inspired by a TV Show - The Clangers
Love to Craft - Anything Goes
Always Fun - Dies and Punches

5 comments:

  1. I was always a little freaked out by the clangers, but there is nothing freaky about your adorable soup dragon!! Love the design and the multiple fonts xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! I'm not familiar with the Clangers, but it sounds like a fun TV show! That's some fantastic sentiment alignment too! Good eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire, a super retirement card, love the dragon and the large sentiment. Congratulations on your win at the flower challenge... have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dragon is adorable. I love his expression too! I don't know the Clangers but it sounds like it was a fun show. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute dragon! The Clangers were a bit before my time, but I love how you used it as inspiration for your card! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x