Tuesday 25 September 2018

HB2U & GD at CASology

I've been lucky enough to be asked to Guest Design for CASology again and of course I jumped at the opportunity.  The cue word for this weeks challenge is BOY, perfect timing as its my youngest sons birthday this week so I've made the card for him from his brother.




You'd think being Mom to two boys I'd have oodles of boy themed stamps, you'd be very wrong... I'm more a cute stamp type of person but I do have this little skater boy from The Greeting Farm.

He's been coloured using alcohol markers, fussy cut out and positioned so it looks like he's grinding over the word.  The 'brother' sentiment is from Clearly Besotted and I have no idea where the HB2U is from.



The background was created with a grey watercolour pen scribbled and spritzed onto a non-stick mat, using scrunched up clingfilm/plastic wrap/Saran wrap dab the colour onto the cardstock to give him a grungy backdrop.

If you fancy playing along you have until Monday 1st October and its certainly worth stopping by to see lots of gorgeous inspiration from the design team :)



Challenge Links...

Always Fun - Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes
Craft Rocket - Boys/Men

6 comments:

  1. What a cute birthday card for your son! Love the CAS look and cute image, it's all boy :) Happy Birthday to your son, and thanks for your birthday wishes for me and my hubby today as well :) I guess there are a lot of us born in late September :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really adorable card, and I love your coloring. Thanks so much for being our guest designer at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Claire, cute stamp and I love the background. I can totally relate to your lack of boy stamps, I am just the same and never had/have suitable rubber in my collection when my boys' Birthdays come around...always a good excuse to buy more I feel!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card, Claire! The grunge behind the skater is a perfect touch! So glad you could be the guest at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Claire, a fun and fabulous card for a boy, love the grungy background you created behind the skater... I'm sure both your sons will love it... have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring on this adorable image and I love how you created your 'grungy' background...so clever and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x