Saturday 21 April 2018

You, Me & the Sea

I loved making this card, it evokes thoughts of a beautiful remote beach and it came together really quickly once I'd got the colours right for the layering stamps.



Reluctantly one of the challenges I'm entering is Fusion and I kind of took artist licence for the sketch so I'm not sure how it will fair, but I'll give it a go.  

I choose to use Hero Arts seahorse layering stamps and matching dies together with the sentiment which is serene.  I made the background with ink, blowing through a straw to create the seaweed.  Instead of using a circle like on the sketch, I went with the cluster of stamped/die cut images but they are a little off centre.  I used a stripe of burlap and anchored with staples, they are so useful and so much more than an ordinary staple.

To finish off I added a few bubbles and just pulled the edges of the burlap to give it a washed-up beach feel.

Challenge Links...

Fusion - Sketch (and taken blue from the lampshade on the inspirational photo)
Lets Craft and Create - Anything Goes
Papercraft - BINGO (die cut/text/little stamps - bubbles)
HLS - Anything Goes with dies
Crafty Cardmakers - Water 
Pixie's Playground - Snippets (all the dies are from scraps of stamping card)






12 comments:

  1. Who doesn't enjoy a seahorse image on a nautical card?! This has such pretty elements with the shells and piece of rustic fabric! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful card Claire. I love your "blown" seaweed, what a brilliant idea. The burlap adds such wonderful sandy texture and the colours you picked for your layered images are spot on xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire,
    what an excellent card and suc a clever design.
    your stamped scene is excellently created.
    Just oozes the beach I think and makes your want to be there.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Claire, very clever to use blown paint for the seaweed and I love the added texture of using burlap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your seaside scene. Those layering stamps give such dimension to your images. Thank you so much for joining us for our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. The composition of elements is very successful Claire. Thanks for your entry at Let's Craft and Create. Anne LCC DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, I just want to go to the remote beach now. But I have to go to work :D

    x Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layered effect, love the hessian.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the elements and the way you grouped them! So happy you could share this with us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes w/ Dies Challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Claire - and how clever to create the seaweed as you did. Love all the pretty layers you added as well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card! love it :)
    Thanks for joining us at Papercrafts Challenge.
    Anja

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your element on your card
    lovely texture look
    great made
    and many thanks to joining with us at Papercraft Challenges
    hugs and happy wednesday
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x