Saturday 16 September 2017

Photo Inspiration

I recently popped over to see the new challenge at Stamping Sensations and for the month of September its a photo inspiration challenge and here is the delightful colour scheme...


I'm usually not one for photo inspiration but I couldn't resist as the colours are so pretty especially when everything around us is turning Autumnal.


I'll be the first to admit that this card didn't exactly turn out how I envisioned it, I was a little disappointed if I'm honest but it would have been a waste of a Friday morning if I just threw it away (been known to happen, more than once).

I used a Tim Holtz flower stamp which was stamped in Versamark and embossed in antique gold then coloured using Gansai Tambi watercolours. 


I fussy cut one out and used 3D foam for an extra lift.  Covered the white card with paint splatters - as a middle aged woman I like paint splatters a little too much, just can't resist a smile when I do it.

The sentiment is from Hobby Craft, not keen - it was a gift and we all know you never look a gift horse in the mouth, as they say.  Finished off with a few gems and some pink bakers twine.

Challenges I'm entering:-

Stamping Sensations - Photo Inspiration
The Flower Challenge - Tic Tac Toe (gems, watercolour, CAS)


Supplies:- Crafters Companion watercolour cardstock, Tim Holtz clear stamps, Gansai Tambi, antique gold embossing powder, Hobby Crafts sentiment stamp, Kaiser Craft gems


4 comments:

  1. I'm really pleased that you didn't put this lovely card in the bin Claire as you've done a wonderful job interpreting our photo challenge. The blending of blue and green, with that touch of gold on your flowers looks fabulous. Your card has quite a CAS layout but the splatters of ink and the gems in the background add another dimension of interest. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Sandra said, so pleased you didn't bin this one as it really is lovely. The blooms are so vibrant and the the soft pinks carry through from the matting and bakers twine to highlight the colours of our Stamping Sensations inspirational photo. Many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is beautiful Claire, you have captured the colours perfectly in your lovely flowers. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh!! I'm so happy you didn't trash this beauty, it definitely would have been a sad waste.
    Love the gold embossing combined with the beautiful color of this blooms.
    You made me laugh with your "Middle Aged" splatter addiction, LOL!! It looks awesome.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x