Tuesday 19 September 2017

Christmas Snowman

Christmas is fast approaching, the nights are drawing in and I love it so I've been busy making another seasonal card.

Again it features an image from Lili of the Valley called Christmas Snowman which is, as always, so darn cute!



I started by colouring the image with Gansai Tambi watercolours, I used MME Frost patterned papers as I wanted a muted pallet to work with the kraft cardstock, although the papers are more blue than they look in the picture.  I distressed and inked the papers and matted them up with a KI Memories Flurry Pure lace cardstock and trimmed off the over hang.



I die cut the Poinsettia out of matching paper and cut the holly from kraft as a contrast. Added two MM leather photo corners from my scrapbooking days just because I think it worked lol.  The sentiment is a favourite of mine but I have no idea who its by or where I got it from, apologies.  Popped a few pearls around the flower to finish.

Challenges I'm entering:

The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes Christmas
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes Christmas/3 patterned papers

Supplies:  Kraft cardstock, Gansai Tambi watercolours, MME Frost patterned papers, KI Memories lace cardstock, MM leather photo corners, TH Poinsettia Bigz die, Sizzix Holidays greens dies, LOTV Christmas Snowman digi stamp, Hobby Craft pearls.


6 comments:

  1. I love the neutral backdrop and poinsettia against this beautifully colored precious sentiment. Gorgeous! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously adorable. ๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  3. The image is just adorable and I love the die cut panel behind it! The poinsettia and holly leaves just add to the festive fun of Christmas! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant stamp, as always, from LOTV - great card you've made with it

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty, and cute as you say. It's beautifully framed, I love the flowery decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card. I am loving the kraft used in the embellies...they look beautiful with this sweet snowman!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x