Saturday 10 June 2017

Steampunk

With Father's Day just around the corner I thought I had better sit down and make a card for my wonderful step-dad, not easy as he's not really into sports or pints (as many male cards seem to slot every man into those two categories).  

Light bulb moment - cogs = Steampunk... perfect!  

This is what I came up with and its pretty much how I sketched it, unusual for me as I normally stray!



I did want the balloons to be more like the colour of medicine balls, a faux leather look but I kinda like the muted brown/orange colour they've dried too.



The cogs have been die cut onto Kraft card and embossed with an antique gold and copper embossing powder.  All of the papers have been inked heavily to create a rusty effect, replicating Steampunk - I hope :)

Entering - Daisy Chain Challenges - Monochromatic
                   Love to Craft Challenge - Anything Goes

Supplies: Kraft cardstock, Crafters Companion water coloured card, Kuretake pens, Sizzix Gearhead and MB Little Hot Air Balloon dies, Unbranded copper/antique gold embossing powders, MM eyelets, Stamping All Day sentiment, KaiserCraft gems and Distress Ink in Vintage Photo



6 comments:

  1. Love this design, what a brilliant masculine card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is a stunner Claire. I love it! I've arrived from Liz's blog. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire this is gorgeous. Love how you have tied the twine.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire, a superb card for your Step Dad, love the colours and the variety of patterned papers you have used, the lacing makes a great steampunk embellishment. Have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous steampunk card, love the design! Thank you for joining us at Love To Craft! Hope to see you again!
    ~DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Love To Craft !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x