Saturday 8 January 2022

Smile Happy Bee-Day

I fancied the colours over at Color Throwdown this week.
 
I've taken a lil artistic licence by deeming yellow to be on the spectrum of gold, I know but I'm hoping they'll forgive my cheekiness as its been so long since I was last able to take part due to a really heavy work schedule... boo hoo!




So for this fun card I used lots of intricate dies that were not nice to remove the double sided tape from especially from the glitter cardstock.

I started with the Polaroid cut from black cardstock and white copier paper so I could position and blend Distress Oxides in squeezed lemon, mustard seed and carved pumpkin through the top half.

Using a Memory Box honeycomb die I snipped into it keeping everything in a pile.

Still with the copier paper in position I stamped and heat embossed in gold some hexagons from the Hello Bluebird stamp set.




I coloured the playful bees with Prisma pencils and fussy cut them out.  

The saved hexagons I placed around the card keeping everything close together.  The sentiment is from the same set stamped in black and adhered using a gold staple.

I had a blast putting this happy card together :)

Challenges  

Color Throwdown - Black, White, Gold or Silver 
Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with Dies
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes (sorry no topping)
Critter Crazy - Feature a Critter 









































I also spent a bit of time making this origami butterfly bookmark...




Break time at work I like to read a few pages of my latest book but I'm loathed to take my pretty bookmarks to work as I don't want them damaged or lost, also I read at home too.

So I have a terrible habit of dog earring the pages and that gnaws on me as I love books especially passing the gift of a good book onto customers through the charity book shelf so I figured a bookmark made of paper was the perfect solution and here it is in my book...



There is a YouTube tutorial to make this butterfly HERE and its super easy :)

Challenges

Watercooler Wednesday - Tristans Challenge All Things Feminine














14 comments:

  1. Your bee card is beyond cute with all the perfect colors, hexagons and adorable little bees! I just love how you placed all those elements around the edges of the card too - it's a really fun design and sure to bring big smiles! As for that butterfly, all I can say is WOW! TFS the tutorial link - I must try making some of those! It adds to the beauty of any book you're reading and just brings a smile to those book readers out there who love to read! I'm glad you found some time to get crafty again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful bee card Claire and I love your butterfly bookmark. Thanks for the link. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sunny colours and fantastic layout on your happy bees card,it certainly made me smile, thanks for the link to the fab tutorial for the gorgeous butterfly bookmark love yours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Claire I love your butterfly bookmark and your bee card is so beautiful, fantastic design.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello...lovely to see you...what a super card to remind us that summer is on its way with so much attention to detail. Thanks for the butterfly bookmark link...just watched it, so very pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun and adorably colored, the challenge colors work perfectly, if you ask me! Love the cute card, and oh that butterfly -- so fun and a TERRIFIC idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so sweet, Claire. The golden one is yellow :-) nobody should have any doubts about it.
    I love the black honeycomb frame, these beautifully colored little bees, and the addition of a golden stamping on the base of the card enriches and completes it so beautifully. Stunning card, Claire.
    I wish you that this New Year will be wonderful, healthy and gracious for you. And let him organize you a lot of time for your hobby :-)
    hugs,
    BożenA xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really is a very happy card, the cute little bees make me smile. And I really like the way you designed this card.
    Oh no, you should never make dog-eared ears (as we say in Germany) in a book. A bookmark is very important and your butterfly is very original and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your bee card, and thank you for playing along at Seize the Birthday! it is fun to see you in the gallery! Your bees are just too adorable and I love that you took the time to emboss the combs! thank you again for playing along with us! and I am going to take a look at your butterfly book marker, what a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that busy bee card Claire. Love the touches of gold. Thank you for sharing the link for that fabulous bookmark xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute bee card Claire, love the added glittery pieces, and your book mark looks fabulous! I must try and escape from my desk at lunch time and do some reading too, I'd probably not want to go back though lol! Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday and Watercooler Wednesday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty bookmark! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the Critter Crazy challenge. Hope to see you again next time

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x