Saturday 3 October 2020

Go BIG on your Birthday

The penultimate birthday card before I start my Christmas cards, yeah I know a bit late but I just can't make Christmas cards until October and the dark nights arrive...


I used an MFT Stacey Yacula set and choose the puppy with the big present.  I started with a Tim Holtz brick stencil and hickory smoke Distress Oxides to add a backdrop for the image.


As usual I've coloured the image with Prisma pencils then fussy cut him out as well as the tiny present and the garland.

The sentiment is also from the same set.


To finish off the card I added a few highlights, a touch of sparkle on the ribbon/garland and added some frosted lace Stickles to the top of his party hat.

The ladies at As You Like It would like to know if you prefer bright or pastel colours when crafting.  I'm definitely a bright type of girl, actually I'm rubbish at doing pastel because it morphs into bright without me even noticing... oops!

Challenges

Watercooler Wednesday - Anything Goes
Krafty Chicks - Stamp Act 
As You Like It - Bright or Pastel
Moving Along with the Times - Animals or Birds






























12 comments:

  1. Super card Claire...and fussy cutting! Your colouring is super as always. I have card envy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you put this adorable birthday card together! The stenciled brick background is perfect for this precious puppy with his big present! I'm loving the garland hanging above him and the sentiment panel is a perfect contrast to the overall look! Such a cute and fun card that just has me grinning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute birthday scene. Bricks are smart solution for the background. Coloring of the motiv is perfection pur and all glitters are added on "strategic" points. And... not to forget... sentiment matches perfectly!
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire

    I found you after reading the lovely you comment you left on Carole's blog and thought I would pop along to see your blog.

    Mmmm.. .. not sure if that was a good move. I have already seen a stamp set I feel I just "have" to order!!!

    Your blog and your work is beautiful!

    You might end up a "bad influence" on my bank balance! LOL!!

    Hope you had a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Claire, I love the brick background! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! I love the soft grey background that spotlights the bright birthday gift. Nicely done. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card, and a lovely scene altogether, Claire! Love the sweet pup and red package that takes center stage. As for Christmas cards all year? I can't seem to muster it either, so it's crunch time...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath- DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. An adorable Christmas card. I love the cute pup. You have really colored the image perfectly. Thank you, for sharing your cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thrilled to see this beauty at AYLI Claire. What a brilliant card, your colouring is always perfect and this bright red is glorious. The garland is a lovely touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable Claire, love the cute image and beautiful design.
    Love using both bright and pastel colours but sometimes it depends on design, or as you say from pastel I end up making to bright colours too...
    Oh and Christmas cards I usually late at making them lol, maybe sometime this month I'll start making them xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely creation....Thank you for sharing with us at Moving along with the times...Hope to see you again soon..

    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x