Wednesday 8 July 2020

My Heart Beeps

I've made an Anniversary card today using Sugar Pea Designs Love Machine stamps for the first time, so fun to play with...


I started off by die cutting the little hearts and stitch line, once in my card and then again on  a red inked scrap so I could paper piece the hearts back in.  I used the stitched line as a guide for the brick stencil.

Then I placed my naked robots (uncoloured) on the line to work out the positioning of the 'love' die and cut that three times, once from the card, once in white and finally in the same inked paper as the hearts.  Fished out the little brick centres of the letters and paper pieced those back in then stacked up the rest offsetting the red for a drop shadow.


The sentiment is from the same set, I just masked off the heart, stamped it in black and reversed the process to get the red heart.

I coloured the robots with my pencils and assembled the card the day after, it took up a lot of time with all the faffing and paper piecing.  Good job this one is for someone close to home :)

I admire you lot that get a card out within an hour of sitting down, my husband makes me laugh when he says 'You should sell your cards'... I'm like, 'are you kidding me, I'd have to charge £30 just to get the minimum wage for the hours taken' lol... bless the blissfully unaware man cubs!

Challenges

Watercooler Wednesday - Helen's All About Occasions
Always Fun Challenges - Paper Piecing (all the little hearts and the 'love' die cut)
Daisy Chain - No Designer Paper
NBUS - Challenge 16


Grab our button

Please Grab Our Badge!

Grab our Badge!!

Grab our badge to display on your blog.

14 comments:

  1. Dear Claire, this card is fantastic! Robots are so cute, that my heart melts watching them. I can imagine the hours you put in the creation of so wonderful product. It can't be paid! It can only be given to the people who deserve it! The design is awesome. I have to laugh about the sentiment. Matches perfect! :-)
    Have fun!
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is adorable, Claire. I love the little robots and the clever sentiment. I had to smile when I read about the comment your hubby made, it's the sort of comment my hubby would make. LOL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card Claire, the robots are so cute, love the colours you used and fabulous design xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a fellow card crafter who often spends hours on a single card, I can relate! Those tiny hearts inserted into that stitched line has to be one of the cutest and more innovative borders I've ever seen! it's meticulous work inserting those tiny negatives, I know - but I love doing it myself! Love the brick wall behind those cute robots too, and the layered sentiment is just genius! This is a perfect little anniversary card and I just love how you created this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your adorable CAS card! The images are too cute and the background sponging was the perfect touch. Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card, those images are so fun! Your stenciled brick wall looks awesome too. And yes, bless those Hubbs, when they think all cards come quickly :oP

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally adorable Claire. Such a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect for our Challenge!
    So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges.
    Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @AFC

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a darling card and I can see the time and effort that went into its' production. Men have no idea of the delicate processes that these work of arts take, not to mention the days it takes to plan them!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG this is too cute Claire! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, shoot, Claire, I can sit down and get a card done in an hour, but it doesn't have all the brilliant intricate details that one of your designs has! This is a wonderful card and knowing what went into making it, I think it's worth £30! I hope you are keeping well and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so right about the hourly rate,although most of my time is spent looking for things.I love the subtle colour scheme and your scene is so detailed and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous CAS card love the stencilled background and cute robots.Thank you for joining us at Daisy Chain
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x