Saturday 6 June 2020

Happy Birthday to YOU

This card was nowhere near as easy as it looks, my first try I wanted to watercolour the butterfly... that went awry, second try I thought I'd fussy cut it out... chopped one of the antennae off the butterfly urgh! 

Prisma pencils to the rescue...


I've used a Penny Black set called Butterfly Trio and this is the largest butterfly of the three. 


The sentiment is from MFT positioned at the bottom of the butterfly to preserve my white space.  

Half way through colouring I decided I wanted the butterfly to have a more 3D look so I added some shading around the edges and underneath the antennae.  


Finally I added a white highlight down the body and stepped away.

Over at As Your Like It the ladies are challenging us to either scene it or not... I am definitely, absolutely 100% fall into the category of NO scenes on my cards.  I do love seeing a sweet scene but my heart is firmly planted in the clean and simple category in craft and in life :)

Challenges...

Watercooler Wednesday - Dawn's Anything Goes with a Feminine Twist
Addicted to Stamps - Make Your Mark
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes optional topping All About Summer
As You Like It - Scene or Not






13 comments:

  1. It was worth persevering as it's a beautiful and clean look . I hate antennae and balloon strings - I always cut them off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Claire. The butterfly is stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beaitiful card Claire, those blues are gorgeous. I feel your pain with the antennae! I have been known to glue them back on lol! I go around the butterfly with a black texta and colour the antennae too, makes them a tiny bit thicker but it's saved my bacon a few times. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, your card with the butterfly is so wonderful, Claire.

    Hugs
    Anek

    ReplyDelete
  5. In spite of the first attempts that went awry, the final result is nothing short of spectacular! The butterfly colors are gorgeous and so so pretty! I love your wonderful CAS designed cards as you always keep them clean but strikingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO beautiful! Love the shading, I did believe it was dimensional, and congrats for persevering because your outcome is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your perfect CAS card. Butterfly is wonderful colored. It seems it will fly away every moment. I think you have magic pencils. :-)
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pop of blue on the white card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath-DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning CAS card Claire! I love everything about it! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous CAS creation, Claire. That butterfly is absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing your card with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So worth the effort Claire, it is a really beautiful card and most welcome at AYLI this time xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card may have started out rough for you, but the butterfly, shading and everything about it is awesome! So thank you for persevering and joining us at STB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous CAS card! That butterfly is fab! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x