Saturday 16 May 2020

Hoppy Father's Day

I'm not a fan of frogs, in fact I think they're rather horrid little creatures but my father-in-law has two - yuk!  Thankfully I never get to see them because they're invisible ones... yes I kid you not, such a thing exists.   They're called Glass Frogs.

So guess what creature is on todays card?...




I've used a Penny Black set and I have absolutely no idea whatever possessed me to buy it over a decade ago.  Until yesterday it had never been inked but I'll admit it, I had fun colouring these cheerful fellas with Prisma pencils then fussy cutting.




I've doctored the Happy a bit by chopping out the 'a' to use the frog as an 'o' and coloured using Dox inks then clear embossing to give a water look.

I positioned everything where I wanted then stamped the rest of the sentiment from MFT.




To finish off I added a few splashes and some tiny dots of Glossy Accents on the lily pad and the trio of frogs are ready for Hoppy Wishes :)


Challenge Links...

Day of the Month Card Club - Frog Jumping Day
Fab 'n' Funky - Hand Coloured Image
Penny Black - Men and Boys

Our logo to go!  / Our logo to take away!

OUR BLINKIE

Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog


13 comments:

  1. Toadily brilliant! Love them. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Claire and I am sure it will be loved. I like your happy frogs and your colouring of them is superb. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a real fun card and great design, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Men and Boys' theme at Penny Black and More May challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's brilliant how you added these frogs to that big sentiment to create a little scene! Love the splats of color too, and I'm sure your FIL is going to get a big kick out of this card! I love it and I'm not a fan of frogs either Hah! Great card, and so perfect for whom you had in mind when you made it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant card for Father's day, love the design and O frog is fab idea. I'm not fun of frogs either I prefer them on the paper as image looking cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so inventive with your card designs Claire and this is fantastic despite slimy subject!! your F-I-L will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card, and your frogs are even cute! See now you might just like them :o) Easy for me to say, I grew up with tree frogs by our front door but detest toads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know you could keep frogs as pets! This card is a fabulous design and I particularly love the shine on your sentiment. Your fussy cutting is brilliant too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is funny and cheerful and super cute. :-) I like the coloring (this has to be said, although it is obvious :-))) and I like the design of the card. Cute idea to replace letter A with a frog. Blue splashes are fabulous.
    Take care and stay safe!
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  10. For not liking frogs you created an amazing card - it makes me happy to look at it! Such a lovely little serenade!Thanks for playing along with us at DotMCC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe it, that you don't like frogs. Your card is amazing and so funny. Thank you for sharing again with us at DotMCC. Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning idea and fabulous cute card!
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x