Wednesday 13 May 2020

Have a Relaxing Day

I'm trying to make cards for family in advance because I always end up creating a mash-up at the last minute that I'm never totally happy with.

This one is for Father's Day for my garden loving step-dad to remind him if at all possible to relax under the fruits of his labour occasionally :)




I've used Always Bring a Smile stamp set from MFT designed by Stacey Yacula and coloured using my Prisma pencils.  This is the second time I've coloured this, the first one I managed to ruin in spectacular fashion which involved an iron - yeah don't ask!




On my first attempt I had the sentiment running horizontal under the mushroom but I realised when stamping the second one it would look cool wrapped around the cap of the mushroom and hey presto... it worked :)




This image reminds me of the Cadbury's Caramel advert from years ago... I know he's not a bunny but just the whole feel has a lovely dream like state, something I relate to chocolate most days.

Challenge Links...

Watercooler Wednesdays - Kath's All About Occasions 
The Male Room - In The Garden
Sweet Stampers - Animals or Birds
Addicted to Stamps - Clean and Simple





Take away banner





20 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable, Claire. I love this cute image and you've coloured it beautifully. The sentiment looks lovely curved around the mushroom. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet and gorgeously coloured too! And a classic CAS design. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring on the dreams! We all need a few happy ones these days, and he's such a sweetheart, he deserves one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That image makes me feel relaxed! Lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room challenge.
    Linby x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect card for your gardening step-dad! I love this cute image and how it reminds us to unwind and relax, and that sentiment wrapped around the mushroom cap looks perfect! I associate chocolate with serenity too - especially when those Lindor truffle tv ads are shown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute image. And super nice colored. I like the way you placed the sentiment. It is perfectly related with the image.
    Stay safe! Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chocolate? did someone mention chocolate?...lol.....lovely cute card Claire...you do CAS so well. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card, beautiful Prisma coloring! Very special card for your step-dad. We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen - DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable Claire, beautifully done and I cannot imagine how an iron featured in the demise of your first attempt!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous colouring...sorry you had a mishap with the first one, but maybe that was just a practice run! This one is great x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card Claire, I love the placement of the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a relaxing card, I love everything about it. Your colouring is wonderful and the sentiment looks just perfect over the mushroom.
      Thank you so much for joining us in our In the Garden challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

      Faith The Male Room DT

      Delete
    2. I love the image, well colored! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Kath- DT

      Delete
  13. Wonderfully colored! I'm curious about that iron now :)

    Thank you and we hope you will join us again in the next ATSM Challenge!.

    Anna – Design Team member at Addicted to Stamps and More

    Visit my blog - Crafty Anna Studio.
    You can also find me on Instagram - CraftyAnna Studio
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning and cute card, i love it.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous design, beautifully coloured.

    Thanks for joining us at The Male Room Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Claire your card is so lovely, your colouring is perfect.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful card :-)) I like the mushrooms!
    Thanks for joining us at The Male Room.
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x