Saturday 20 July 2019

Wedding Anniversary

I was asked to make this card for one of my husbands work colleagues and he asked if I could use the colour blue so I combined it with white for a fresh feeling card.




I started by watercolouring some white embossed flowers from Altenew Wild Hibiscus stamp set and typical after all the painting and layering I chose just one.  

I've used various dies including the leaves from Sizzix and a heart from Concord & 9th called Heartstrings, don't know where the 'love' is from but I've die cut it three times for dimension and coloured using blueprint sketch and tumbled glass Distress Oxides to give a gentle ombre effect.




The little heart has been attached with 3D foam, covered in Wink of Stella and a clear little gem added as an accent.  Before assembling everything I added a few paint splatters for interest.

Challenge Links...

Rainbow Card Challenge - Blue Breezes
Fusion - Ombre
Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with Dies
Uniko - Flowers optional use dies (both)










23 comments:

  1. Well Claire..where were you when I wanted this inspiration for my hubby's anniversary card! This is divine and I a sure applicable to either gender! Anyway post to come on Monday after inspiration struck this last week....but I like yours better...lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. There is so much detail in it and still looks clean and beautiful. Your colouring is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely STUNNING! What a wonderful wedding card with the white and touches of beautiful blue! I love how you put this together - it's just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous! I love the white on white layering with the pops of blue! Love this! Thank you for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge! Hope you join us again soon! Hugs! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love how you've layered the elements here...I can't do that! The simple colour palette really shines. I hope you don't mind me pinning this for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!! So stylish and your layers are so beautifully balanced xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the die cuts and pop of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look of this pretty card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful! Love your blue flower. The blue sentiment and love die cut are gorgeous on the white!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card. Love the heart in the background. Great to see you in the HLS gallery. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty. Love the white on white with pops of soft blue. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful to see your card in the Uniko and HLS galleres; thank you! I'm especially taken with your crisp white/blue florals pairing! Each really accentuates the other!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x