Saturday 16 June 2018

Have a Delightful Day

Time has come round again to play at Fusion and oh boy was it a challenge... Cupcakes!  

Yikes cupcakes, urgh... not happening.  

I have tried on numerous occasions to make cards with pretty cupcakes on and I know every time I start it will end up in the bin with a cat that I swear sniggers at me and seems to give me a look of 'you can't handle cupcakes' and damn he's right - I suck at them so bad!

In light of the above I decided on flowers using the colours from the inspiration photo and roughly fused it with the sketch.


I inked up a Clearly Besotted stamp set, white embossed and coloured with Gansai Tambi watercolours and that was pretty much it.  The edges were distressed a little, stamped the sentiment in DewDrop pearlescent orchid and added a bit of Wink to the water so it glistens in the light.


You might be able to catch the sparkle better in this photo. 

Challenge Links...

Fusion - Sketch/Inspiration Photo
The Flower Challenge - Use a Previous Challenge (Challenge 14 CAS)
Addicted to Stamps - Anything Goes
HLS - Anything Goes Watercolour optional twist Smile 






8 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, what a beautiful card! I have this set and you have inspired me to dig it out again, love the soft watercolouring and the distressed edge adds a subtle but striking detail. Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge.
    Rachel Vass DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soft look you achieved here, and the sparkle is just enough to keep this one special! Beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Claire and who likes cupcakes anyway, they do bad things to waistlines!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your gorgeous card on the Flower Challenge ... it's so pretty and delicate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't do cupcakes either so pretty flowers will always do! Yours are beautiful and must be quite shimmery in person! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card, love how soft the colors look! Thanks for joining us!

    Monica- Addicted to Stamps and More DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful softly coloured card here Claire. Thanks for sharing at HLS for our Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely soft looking card! Thank you for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x