Wednesday 23 February 2022

Peace on Earth

Time for the reminder post and my second card as Guest Designer at Christmas Craft Creations.

The chosen theme is blue and silver.

So here is my take, its a bit more subtle this time...


As its quite CAS I decided to liven it up by turning it into a shaker card, to be fair I loathe making these cards but I felt this die with the scene was crying out for a bit of shaker magic.


I'm a frugal crafter (or quite possibly just plain tight) and I don't have all the fancy bits and pieces for shaker cards so I chucked in all sorts... a few sequins, which I do have but only recently, some glitter that was free years ago and seed beads, just because!

The deer I've cut out again in non-shed silver glitter card and adhered back in place.

The sentiment is from a Clearly Besotted set embossed in silver and there you have it.

Thank you ladies at Christmas Craft Creations for inviting me to be Guest Designer, its been a blast x

Challenges

52 CCT - Masculine Christmas
The Paper Players - Clean and Simple, Wild about Wildlife
CAS Christmas - Winter Scene
Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with Dies 








16 comments:

  1. You created a beautiful aperture and inner design with your dies for the shaker element Claire, yet this remains a stunning CAS card

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunner Claire...an absolute stunner...I love it...what more can I say ? It's classy and CAS, so professional and....shall I go on?..lol! LOVE it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, it works really well as a shaker.
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! CAS shaker card. It is perfect and I love it! I will say it again: It can't be better.
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW absolutely stunning Claire, your card is so beautiful.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  6. This small excerpt and this small scene have a really big effect, I'm absolutely thrilled.
    Have you already looked at the dream factory's challenge blog? You are a winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This little shaker card is absolutely gorgeous! I love that it's so small and yet so elegantly CAS and the blue and silver look wonderful together! BTW, I was a whole month early in wishing you a happy birthday, so please just overlook me for the rest of this month. I thought I'd surprise you, and then realized I surprised myself by living in the wrong month when I sent those wishes! Just call them early bird wishes and excuse my senior moment :) The heartfelt wishes are still there of course!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful die cut scene and love it as a shaker card. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This is gorgeous!!!! I love the shaker and the beautiful scene! CAS Perfection! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning! I am glad you stepped it up into a shaker, but it would have been gorgeous even without! Such a sweet diecut and the background is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful masculine Christmas card, thanks for playing at 52CCT challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claire your woodland shaker and silver deer has so much beautiful detail and yet remains wonderfully CAS with all that white space. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful, and it makes a glorious shaker, Claire! Great colors to make this scene in too

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely agree with you that this die looks better in the shaker version. You've created a beautiful, atmospheric winter card. I love the beautiful blue in the background.
    hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Claire! That die-cut is perfect as a shaker card and looks fantastic with all the sparkle and shine. So pretty in silver and blue! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty card! Thank you for joining the Christmas Card Throwdown.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x