Tuesday 1 December 2020

Peace on Earth

Well December has rolled around and this is my last post as Guest Designer at Challenge Up Your Life which this week is Pine Trees.


So I noticed a gap in my stamp/die stash... lack of pine trees, no time to shop so I dug very very deep and found an old Kate Pertiet set of trees and yes - just one little fir tree was included out of six, phew!


I settled on a simple design and started by die cutting a rectangle from copier paper and stamping the little fir tree three times using Versamark then embossing in white.

Placing the rectangle mask back I blended some blueprint sketch Distress Oxide and DewDrop white to the bottom half using an MFT stencil.



The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted and to finish I splashed on some white paint and before it gets posted I might add a bit of sparkle :)

I'm sure you all have lots of pine tree stash unlike yours truly so please stop by and display your work in the gallery at Challenge Up Your Life.  

Lets spread a bit of Christmas Love 💕


7 comments:

  1. A bit of luck finding the pine tree stamp - challenges often highlight where there are gaps in our stash I find. Could be a cunning plot 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous stamp and layout the tree scene looks great wit the kraft card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire
    Fabulous card ...love those trees and the Kraft card ...stunning ...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. U, wau! Stunning colour combination. You've created fantastic peaceful scene.
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has such a great look with those dark shades of blue, white trees, and shading of the ground. The kraft card stock base pulls it all together beautifully, and I like that simple little sentiment done in white too! You've done a great job guest designing, so take a bow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Claire -- regal colors and great design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often have one of those "I know I've got one somewhere" moments and it looks like yours turned up trumps!! What a fabulous card, love the blue with the kraft, a perfect combo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x