Saturday 19 September 2020

Two Cards, One Bookmark featuring Newton

I've been super busy this past week helping my son pack for University and I took him early this morning, its strange to be immensely proud yet so sad at the same time.

Anyway my extremely simple cards as time just ran away with me...


This little trio are all for my Mom who like me loves cats so it had to be Newton for a couple of quick Grandma cards and a bookmark, another avid reader.


Both of the cards use Newton Loves Cake coloured with Prisma pencils and the sentiments are from the same set.

Challenges

Inkspirational - Inspired by the word DAY (Birthday)










The second card featuring yummy cake and my favourite of the two  :)



Challenges

Sweet Stampin - Let Them Eat Cake
Fusion - CAKE
The Cutie Pie Challenge - Birthday Party




















I kept the cards and the bookmark to a limited colour palette of mainly pinks, I wanted them to be really feminine and would tie in with her present that is also predominantly pink.


I've used Newton's Book Club, the gift tag has been die cut three times to give it some rigidity for lots of reading.  My son picked out the ribbon matching it with the pink paw prints on the reverse from a Newton's Nook stencil.

11 comments:

  1. Adorable cards and bookmark. Love the cas design for these cute images. Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards and bookmark Claire...what cute images and your colouring as always is superb...it looks very professional, it looks printed. I am sure your mum will be thrilled. As for your son off to Uni...a worrying time , especially with Covid...but you know the saying.....'you cry when they go, and you cry when they come back again!'...lol . Be proud and sad...being a mum doesn't stop when they grow up does it.! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 adorable creations. I JUST LOVE what you did with them all, but of course, your cupcake and cake creations are rather perfect for our theme this week! Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' and come and play along again soon. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really had a good smile as I opened your post with these adorable kitties! Love the cards - they're both so cute and the bookmark tag is equally fun! Congrats to your son for heading to university - those emotions are difficult to sort out between massive pride and tremendous sadness, but pride eventually wins! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand you to be proud and sad at the same time. I feel the same for the past 9 years. And it seems it will never be else. :-)
    Let's talk about your cards. Fantastic as always. I'm admiring your way of coloring. Motivs are so sweet! Perfect gifr for someone who loves cats.
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet cards, with a gorgeously cute images and lovely design

    Thank you for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire, these are adorable & sweet! Love the sweet images and your coloring is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute and adorable these cards are! Thanks for sharing over at The Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous - my eye was drawn to the bookmark as we are actually having a bookmark swap on my FB group this month and I love that image with the books - thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Echoing the others: a whole lot of kitty-cuteness happening with your cards/bookmark! Your colouring: gorgeous! Thrilled to see you in the Inkspirational gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pies.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x