Saturday 16 November 2019

You Are Loved

I'm practising making my husbands Christmas card because every time I make him a card I pile on the pressure to make it, well... perfect.  In all honesty most of them are a bit meh even though he loves them all, so I figured if I start now I'm bound to get at least one I like by Christmas Eve lol...




I used an unbranded birch tree stencil masking off the card and the areas I didn't want on the stencil.  I created a ombre effect using Distress Oxides in shaded lilac and blueprint sketch, splashed on some white acrylic paint for a wintry feel.  




I used two loved-up bunnies from a Mama Elephant set and coloured with Prisma pencils making the clothes a little personal and although its not clear her scarf is cream and sparkly just like the one I wear with a red coat :)




The sentiment is from the same set.  I added some details on the birch trees with a grey Prisma pencil because it looked a little flat, I also added in the one bright star using a white gel pen as with the highlights.

Challenge Links...

Freshly Made Sketches - I'm sorry I moved the sentiment, hope that's OK?
Watercooler Wednesday - Marsha's All About Occasions
Addicted to Stamps - Make Your Mark
Krafty Chicks - Ombre






Right Click to Save

9 comments:

  1. This is an adorable card Claire, your colouring and eye for detail is amazing as always! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful card Claire. The super cute bunnies are adorable and I love that you have dressed them up as you!! You would be bonkers not to give this one to Hubby!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are simply too hard on yourself, as I find all your cards delightfully CAS and just perfect - this one included! I love those stenciled trees with that little star hand-drawn in the night sky, and those lovable bunnies are just as sweet as can be! It's a perfect card for your hubby and I'm sure he already knows he's loved, so this is a winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super stencil! Great design!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet and cuddly card for your husband. I really like your background and those cute bunnies. We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet little bunnies, great CAS card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute and such wonderful colouring! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, love the scene and the cute bunnies, awesome and thank you for playing our Challenge Twist at Krafty Chicks.

    Leanne DT/KC

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this card, it's so adorable. I think it's pretty perfect myself! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x