Saturday 11 May 2019

Happy Birthday

A birthday card using the new Dotted Bloom set from Altenew.




I've stamped the flower fairly close to the edge of the card and heat embossed in copper, then partially die cut, cutting the rest with a ruler.  I've literally only touched the image with 2 light pink Prismas because there's a lot of definition on the stamp.

I used a scrappy die cut to cover the flower and used an Altenew stencil and DOX in Spun Sugar to add some interest with blended lines.  The sentiment is one of quite a few included in the set.




I added a black panel splattered with white and used black as the contrasting colour on the main card.  A little sparkle to finish.

Challenge Links...

The Flower Challenge - Embossing (Heat/Dry)
AAA Birthday - Anything Goes 
Watercooler Wednesday - Kaths All About Occasions
Your Next Stamp - How Does Your Garden Grow







12 comments:

  1. I have no idea how you partially die-cut that floral image but it looks sensational!! Love the copper highlights against the black and those stenciled pastel stripes look wonderful with that beautifully colored stem! Gorgeous card, WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Claire and the copper embossing is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautifully elegant and classy. Love it! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday's first challenge, hope to see you come back again for future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. So very pretty. Such a soft feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. I love your partial die cut flower. The colours are lovely. You may have an inkling that I love this card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! The delicate blooms, copper embossing, partial die-cutting and subtle background make for a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an elegant and incredibly grown up design Claire. I love the off the edge stamping/die cutting xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and I love the design and the partial die cut. Beautiful job and thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creation. Simple but elegant. The copper embossing looks fab.

    Hugs,
    Eemeli

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so beautiful Claire! I really love your gold embossed flower and your striped background! Thank you so much for playing at AAA Birthday! I hope to see your creations in our future galleries :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x