Saturday 2 February 2019

Stylised Pinwheel

Pinwheels, they make you smile and I used to make these for fun and interactive elements on my scrapbook layouts and challenged myself to make a more static stylised one for a card this week.


Once I started this, it was a pretty quick card to put together.  To keep it simple I die cut the triangles and then inlaid the framework so it was flat on the card and not dimensional.  I then cut another four triangles from some very old colourful textured patterned paper and inlaid the little cut aways.


I added a bright brad to the middle and drew the stick, the sentiment is from Lawn Fawn and voila... pinwheel :)

Challenge Links...

CASology - TURN
Watercooler Wednesday - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps - Anything Goes









11 comments:

  1. Fabulous CAS card Claire, love your take on the turn theme! Your colourful inlaid pinwheel looks very stylish. I have a pinwheel die that I haven't used for ages, so thanks for the inspiration, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How inventive and different Claire and a really super card. I've now got 'windmills of my mind' on the brain! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super design, Claire, I love the clever way you've created the pinwheel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice CAS card, Claire! Your pinwheels look amazing! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! Great CAS style - love the inlaid die! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really clever CAS card, Claire! Great choice for inserts to make them 'pop' Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for giving me the inspiration to make a pinwheel! I've been trying to come up with an idea for a 2 yr old's birthday card and I think this works!! I love how you inlaid those fun triangles with such cute papers! Who would get a card like this and not feel happy? I love it! Such a fun idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card Claire, those papers are really lovely on the sails xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous design and dimension for a striking CAS card. Thanks for joining in the fun as CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an awesome card. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x