Saturday 20 October 2018

Birthday Stripes

I've made todays card for someone special whose two favourite colours are black and yellow. 


I started by using Altenews watercolour stripes stencil and used a black dew drop ink with specks of gold running through it.  The 'happy' was partially coloured yellow to give an ombre feel and triple cut to add dimension.  The balloon is from Sugar Pea Designs and the stars are clear embossed after inking in black.  I slightly messed up the cut of the balloon but hey its handmade, mistakes are art - right?


I couldn't resist adding a bit of sparkle to the 'happy' to match the shine from the stripes.  The 'birthday' was from Lawn Fawn.

Challenge Links...

Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes 
Double D - Stripes & Dots
Lets Craft and Create - Anything Goes (optional paper strips)

8 comments:

  1. WOW this is awesome Claire! Love how you did the sentiment! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Stripes & Dots’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color combo is awesome, and I love the stars on the balloon! Great coloring on the sentiment too - your special friend is going to love this card I'm sure! I know I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card and fabulous design! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really classy and elegant card, my dear! I love the ombre look of the greeting. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Stripes and Dots Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By coincidence , I was chatting with my eleven-year-old son yesterday and he said he loves black and yellow together. It's easy to see why on this card - so striking with the black but the yellow adds a touch of happiness. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the striped look! Black and yellow look so fabulous together! And I love how its not just that - you've added so much with just color and texture, stars, ombre sparkle and shine - what a gorgeous creation! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and artfully crafted! You're so good with CAS designs (had a little look around). Thanks for linking up with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creation, love the design! Thank you for sharing with us over at Let's Craft and Create. We hope to see you again.
    ~ DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x