Tuesday 14 August 2018

Newton's Bird Bath

Todays card features a new stamp set from Newton's Nook called Bird Bath, he's cute but I'm such a sucker for all things with cats :)


I wasn't feeling in a alcohol pens type of colouring mood yesterday or watercolours for that matter and reached for a box of Crayola pencils I've had since I was at school - many moons ago.  I find pencils are more forgiving than other forms of mediums and I don't need to hold my breath going around edges hoping they don't bleed.  The downside to that was it took me way to long to colour him as Crayola pencils don't blend so it was a slow process building up the colours.

I was pleasantly surprised at the results I got albeit I hate the little birdie on the grass but once I'd stamped him I had to run with it as I wasn't starting again.


A little Glossy Accents was added to the water in the bird bath and a blended patch of grass just to anchor the image.  

Challenge Links...

Less is More - Pets (Newton reminds me of my own cat, Loki)
Cards in Envy - Something New (First inking of this stamp set)
Stamping Sensations - (Favourite Stamp)




7 comments:

  1. This is very cute and a great layout. Impressive colouring too, showing you have more patience than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card, Claire, the colouring is amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable birthday card, with your great coloring with pencils! I really like the big white birthday die cut with the stamped birthday! Very cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable kitty stamp! Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy with your "something new."

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really pretty creation, many thanks for sharing a favourite stamp with us at 'Stamping Sensations' challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous little card Claire and your colouring is fabulous. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an adorable scene. Reminds me of my little furbaby, Elmo, I lost a couple of years ago, he was such a monkey! Great colouring with your pencils. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x