Saturday 18 November 2017

Greetings of the Season

After my 'throw everything at it' card, I'm back to doing a more 'me' type of card although I like doing fussy every now and then.

This one features TH tattered poinsettia - yup again!  I can't help it, I just think its one of the best poinsettia dies and I've even used it on a none Christmas card so its pretty versatile :)



I watercoloured it this time, not exactly with precision - I mean poinsettias are red and that's about it, although I used artistic licence by splashing some gold paint on mine and then edged with Stickles frosted lace.  I wanted a traditional sentiment to match the flower and found a very old wooden stamp from Stampin Up which I thought suited the style of the card.


I added some faint paint splatters behind the poinsettia, popped a few gems on in red and then adhered to the card base using 3D foam tape, easy peasy... funny because it still took me hours, one day I'll make a quick card! 

Challenge Links...

Love to Craft - Anything Goes
Crafts Galore - Anything Goes
Allsorts - Glitter
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes/optional blue

Supplies:  TH tattered poinsettia/holiday greens dies, Gansai Tambi watercolours, Stickles frosted lace, Stampin Up sentiment and KaiserCraft gems.

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 360 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what my style is, I hop about all over but I do love a cas card. This one is beautifully traditional and perfect in its design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...I have that die...truly yours is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely CAS card, super poinsettias and foliage.
    Thank you for joining our 'Glitter' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poinsettias are absolutely gorgeous! You coloured them so vividly. Love the layers and dimensions. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO wonder you enjoy using this poinsettia - it turns out gorgeous every time! I especially love the golden edges that really take this one over the top! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire, a very pretty card for your stash, love the cas design and the poinsettia die. Have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pretty Poinsettia card for our Glitter theme at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a glorious card, Claire! I wouldn't call it easy-peasy, but it is CASlicious and it is stunning! The splatters really modernize a classic poinsettia. If I received this work of art, it would be brought out every year as part of my Christmas decorations!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the poinsettia popping against the white bg. Stunning design! Happy Thanksgiving to you and hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful card and perfect for the festive season. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes November Challenge. Good luck! Denyse x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card. Love your poinsettia. My cards never turn out quick ones either.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card Claire and I love the traditional colours. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Love to Craft! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x