Saturday 25 July 2020

Birthday Wishes

I was asked to make a birthday card for the partner of one of my husbands work colleagues.  

It came with two requests, the first to incorporate orange, easy.  The second... hmm, to include 60.  

Now I have a big little teeny tiny problem with ages on cards unless you're 1, 18 and 21 so it was time to put my big girl pants on and in the wise words of Nike - Just Do It.

This is how I did 60, my way...




See what I did there, I hid it - sort of :)

I used a flower stamp from Stamplorations by Dee and coloured with my pencils.  While holding my breath I die cut the numbers from my finished image and again twice more from white cardstock.




I added the layers back into the image one at a time and after the first layer I popped the coloured centres into position then stacked the rest to give some subtle height.




To finish the card, I added a sentiment from Sugar Pea Designs and some clear crystals.

It was well received... phew!


Challenges

Watercooler Wednesday - Heidi's All About Occasions
Uniko - In My Garden optional twist Hot Summer Colours 
The Flower Challenge - Summer/Winter (Summer)
Krafty Chicks - All Occasions




Right Click to Save


16 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Claire, love the design and what you did with the numbers, so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet it was well received, it's beautiful Claire and I love what you did with the numbers, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Popped back to say Colour Throwdown has these colours as their theme too, closes in 2days though, Cathy xx

      Delete
  3. This is just a brilliant way to incorporate the age into a milestone birthday card! I LOVE how it turned out and will have to bookmark this idea for future use! It's colored to perfection and the simple, elegant design is just fabulous! You did a great job on this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special card! Your no-line coloring is beautiful and I love your die cut 60. We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did here! Super gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliant way to add the number on the card! I can imagine the moment, when you cut the perfect colored flower. :-)
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great solution to include the number this way. You coloring is really lovely! Beautiful card. Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Love the hidden "age" and you still mastered the card beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way you have made an Elcipse card with the hidden age! Thanks for sharing it with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge - love the images and details...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning!! 'nough said!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty, love the colours.. Thanks for joinIng us at The Flower Challenge, Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, Claire. I love your card and the hidden age.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is gorgeous. Love the coloring and beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! I love this technique and your colouring is just amazing. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the fun at Uniko. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x