Saturday 28 September 2019

Halloween Happy Birthday

Oh what a week, we've been decorating... my youngest turned 18 and my eldest was stranded in Turkey on a Thomas Cook package holiday so I'm thankful to be back crafting :)

Followers of my blog will probably remember my husband is a twin and their birthdays are on Halloween so I always try to make a birthday card with a twist of Halloween.  This one is for his brother...




So I started with the big Mama Elephant Happy Birthday die which has been cut from black cardstock and heat embossed in clear to give a nice glossy finish.  The fiends are from a set called Frightfully Sweet by MFT and coloured with Prisma pencils, then hand cut out and mounted with 3D foam.

The little bat is from a set by Tim Holtz for Sizzix.




A close up of the sentiment to show the shine :)

Challenge Links...

Freshly Made Sketches 
Watercooler Wednesday - Kath's All About Occasions
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
CAS on Friday - Animals





For your blog

9 comments:

  1. Great Halloween birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how cute!! I love those little characters and your fussy cutting is quite impressive too I might add :) How fun to have a Halloween birthday as well as a twin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so cute, Claire! I love those sweet little critters sitting on that lovely die cut sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halloween + Twin Birthdays...what fun! I like how you heat embossed the big sentiment and then added the cute trick or treaters. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Claire, sounds like a dramatic week too! Love how you've coloured these cute critters, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I love them. The critters are so cute and I love the limited colour scheme and the white space. It's an adorable card.

    Hugs
    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super-cute card and such adorable images! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card Claire, adorable images, love it x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card, Claire with such a clean look that is perfect for a masculine card. Cute images too!
    I hope your eldest returned safely from the holiday.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x