Saturday 13 April 2019

Party

There are a few challenges I fancied this week so the bunnies have had to be put away for the time being, boo hoo!


The cue word at CASology this week is plastic, not the easiest but I settled on balloons as they can be made from Mylar which is a form of plastic.

I think its probably a little overdone for a CAS design but hey maybe a little artistic license can float by this week ;)  


The balloons are from Sugar Pea Designs coloured with Distress Oxides and die cut using the matching die.  The bottom half has been embossed at an angle and the balloons then laid over the join with two mounted on foam and heat embossed with white stars.  The sentiment is from Uniko.

Challenge Links...

CASology - Cue Word PLASTIC (balloons)
Sugar Pea Designs - Mix It Up (used the sketch only)
Fusion - Cheery Eggs (used inspiration photo, colours of the eggs)
Watercooler Wednesday - All About Occasions (birthday)










14 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Claire! I love the partial embossing and balloons lined up on a diagonal line! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely design Claire and I am a sucker for snazzy coloured balloons!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this design with the angled embossed panel, colorful balloons and simply stated sentiment! It all looks wonderful together and I may have to CAS this design one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super design, Claire. I love how you've partially embossed the background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your beautiful card! The birthday embossing is very eye-catching and the balloons are such festive pops of color. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! I love your clever take on the cue word and the cool diagonal layout. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your festive balloons and layout! Thanks for joining in the fun as CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love the angle of the balloons and the partial embossing. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww! This is absolutely fabulous!!! Love design and amazing colors!!! Thank so much for entering into SugarPea Designs Mix It Up challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These bright balloons are fabulous! Such a fun card! Glad you shared it at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no idea what Mylar is but your balloons look super on this card. Thanks for your comments on my craft room. I only got it dedicated to being my room 4 yrs ago so it is still a novelty . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super pretty balloons - your coloring is awesome! I love the way you arranged them too. I love your cards! Thanks for stopping by my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a bright happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Design! Love how you were inspired with the sketch and the bright colored balloons! Thanks for playing along to the Mix It Up Challenge with SugarPea Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x