Saturday 23 February 2019

A Halloween Hello

Yup, I know its February and instead of pastel cards I go all Halloween.  Try as I might, I tried for several days to come up with an alternative card but the colours in one of the challenges just kept screaming Halloween at me, so I ran with it.


For this card I used MFT Witch Way is the Candy stamp set and coloured her with Prisma pencils.  The sentiment is from the same set white embossed onto grey Bazzill cardstock. 


I dry embossed a Tim Holtz cobweb on the bottom third of the card and added some sparkle.

Challenge Links...

Colour Throwdown - Rust, Purple, Grey and White
Freshly Made Sketches - Sketch 376
Just Add Ink - Embossing







13 comments:

  1. Your card is SO cute, Claire. An adorable image, beautifully coloured and I love the embossed spiders web panel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting ahead with Halloween cards! What a fabulous design. I love how you just embossed the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An adorable (and beautifully colored) image. I love the textured bottom panel. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute Claire! Your colouring is fabulous and that spiderweb embossing is the perfect element for our Just Add Ink challenge. Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweetie!! Nothing wrong with a Halloween card in February...amethyst is the birthstone for February, so the colour is spot on!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I'm glad you went with your gut feeling, because this us an adorable Halloween card and it makes no difference what time of year it was made! Love the lower panel of embossing and your great coloring of that sweet and cute little image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable - that little witch is so sweet! Love the cobweb at the bottom. Sometimes you just have to go with it and besides now your ahead on Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally and utterly adorable! I love her and she simply needed to be the focus...glad she demanded to be made! So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card that made me smile. I really like how you embossed the bottom section, it creates a great boarder. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how organised you are! That little witch is the cutest! Thanks for sharing your project with us for the Just Add Ink challenge. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute little witch! You've coloured her so beautifully - I'm a real sucker for purple/orange/black combos. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x