Saturday 12 January 2019

Celebrate

I've had these Tim Holtz crazy birds for awhile and I'm not overly keen on them, prefer the cats/dogs so I challenged myself to use them at least once.  This card is for the boys Grandad who likes the wildlife to visit his garden and they're weird enough to appeal to his sense of humour :)


I've coloured them with alcohol markers and fussy cut them out, I already had the brick background lying around so made use of it as a backdrop.  The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted and cut using the matching dies.  I've added a party hat from a Newtons Nook stamp set and popped googly eyes on two of the birds.

Challenge Links...

Watercooler Wednesday - Occasions (Birthday)
The Male Room - Anything Goes optional twist beverages
Papercraft Challenges - Celebrate





9 comments:

  1. Fun card Claire, I have the larger birds and find that they are a bit big, these smaller ones look fantastic though, love the bright colours and the wall is a great textured backdrop. I'm sure Grandad will love this, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, Claire. The little crazy birds look great against the white brick background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all in those big googlie eyes! LOL Love the crazy birds and especially their bright colors! The textured background looks wonderful too! He's going to love this one I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire....I like your card, it's a great design with the brick background to set off the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tone-on-tone brick background! I haven't seen a card background like it. The birds are adorable and oh so fun and the googly eyes add to the theme. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol...they are cute, in a creepy kind of way!! Love the colours, the googly eyes and the brilliant background !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. the Tim Holtz birds are always a joy to see on a card and I love how you've presented them on the embossed background. Thanks so much for playing at The Male Room and I hope to see you joining in our future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the background and your birds, so beautifully coloured and great design too. I really love the simpleness of this wonderful card, great composition too. Thank you so much for joining us in our ATG / Beverage challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Faith The Male Room DT
    Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

    The Male Room
    themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x