Wednesday 28 November 2018

Happy Christmas

I love making Christmas cards now the big day is fast approaching and today I'm featuring this cute little guy...



The day before I started this card I was messing about with shaving foam, photo paper and reinkers to create a few festive marble effects and I've utilised one of them on this card.

I used the super sweet MFT Holiday Penguins designed by Stacey Yacula coloured with pencils and a few white gel pen highlights as well as a bit of sparkle for his hat.

The card base is textured red and I die cut the 'happy' from the satin photo paper I'd made the day before.

The Christmas was just stamped and embossed in white, before assembling my card I masked off the bottom area and added some white paint splatters to the top half.



I love the way the marble effect came out, I was aiming for a peppermint swirl design and of course I enjoyed getting very messy with shaving foam... still very much a child at heart :)

Challenge Links...

Fusion - Sketch/Christmas Chair (I used the red and white theme from the cushion)
Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes Christmas
Sweet Stampers - Christmas
Watercooler Wednesday - All About Holidays
Tuesday Throwdown - Inspiration Photo (I used the red and white theme)









12 comments:

  1. Sweet! I love fitting little character images into/onto words, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really a cute card, and the shaving foam technique on the sentiment really does remind me of a candy cane! Awesome idea and a fun creation too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire, a super Christmas card for your stash, love the shaving foam background you made for the sentiment die cut. I used to work in a preschool and the kids loved shaving cream painting. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Claire wish I was this clever x kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card Claire with the shaving foam 'happy'...it's super and your little penguin definitely looks happy!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, Claire, could that little penguin be any more cute? I love the way you have him sliding his way across the die-cut sentiment. Clever idea. Great colours. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire I love your adorable little Christmas penguin. He looks so happy dancing on your sentiment. Thanks for joining in the fun at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet!! Such a cute penguin and I love the marbled "happy" xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful CAS design and your little penguin is adorable!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely and cute christmas card.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heart would felt enlightened after wishing this to spread love and peace among people.
    meet and greet luton airport

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x