Wednesday 18 March 2020

Birthday Mouse

I've had the meecies out again and this one is feeling rather masculine in red and black...




This fella makes me smile because I imagine him mincing about on tiptoes and hes been coloured using Prisma pencils.  I've added some shading underneath to prevent him from floating because hey, you can't mince in mid air!




Before colouring the mouse, I masked him off after stamping him onto Post It Notes and fussy cutting him out.  

I don't mind admitting I ruined 2 cards trying to get the bold YOU to stamp properly instead of unevenly, then after stamping several times trying to get a crisp impression the ink had seeped through the Post It Note.  

By this time I was rather exasperated so I used Versamark and then heat embossed in black - result!

Added the sentiment to finish.

Challenge Links...

Watercooler Wednesday - Tristan's Anything Goes with a Masculine Twist
Happy Little Stampers - CAS Favourite Technique (Prisma pencil colouring)
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes optional twist use coloured pencils
Time Out - Birthday
Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes





OUR BLOG BADGE







15 comments:

  1. Love the arrangement of the sentiment and image and what a cutie he is-he looks fab grounded like this-good idea and love the pops of colour. Thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this cute little fellow and your big bold sentiment, they work really well together love all the white space too.
    Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a cute little guy ! Your card is wonderful. Thank you for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just wonderful, Claire. Your masking and coloring is to perfection. I love the striped hat with the polka dot packaging, and I love the way you grounded your little fella. Thanks so much for sharing and playing with us at TIme Out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering how you managed to get that sweet little mouse on top of the big, bold YOU and I just love the look! It was worth the mishaps along the way. That's such a sweet little mouse and I adore the way you colored him! Wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you clever thing!! ...getting that little mouse on top of the YOU....patience paid off or was it exasperation? anyway it's a fabulous card and top of the class colouring. Stay safe. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, Claire and great masking. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card, such a sweet mouse, great design and coloring, the masculinity is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling card! I love the dancing mouse and the bold embossed sentiment. We are so pleased that you joined us for our "masculine" challenge at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen - DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous card Claire, adorable mouse, love your design xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fab card and worth the effort Claire, it really is a fab design. Love your pencil work on that adorable mouse xx P.s I caved and bought SMILE...plus a few other bits and pieces!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable CAS card! It worked out beautifully in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great CAS card and love the really cute image -great masking too.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! You have been chosen as a Top Rocker for the week March 15 - 21, 2020 at 613 Avenue Create! Thanks for your creative and inspirational submission. Please stop by our blog and grab your badge!
    The Resident Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous masking work, I'm so glad you persevered with it. I absolutely love your mincing mouse and can see why this is your favourite technique, your colouring is fantastic. Thanks so much for playing along at HLS CAS Challenge, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x