Saturday 22 July 2017

Recycling Cardboard

Not had much time to craft this week, busy painting which is entertaining with an inquisitive cat whose pushed his nine lives to breaking point.  It might be true that curiosity kills the cat - I jest, but honestly, a black cat with a tin of magnolia is not the best mix!

My eldest son is home from University which brings me onto my card.  I love him dearly but it seems that in two years being away he's forgotten where the recycling bin is situated, at this point I'll add its been in the same place for the last 12 years.  Anyway, he seems to have acquired shares in Amazon with the amount of deliveries I accept while he's sleeping and the empty boxes end up in the utility, this annoys the hell out of me and while breaking one apart I decided to utilise it on my next card which temporarily altered my mood.




I kept it very simple, just a kraft card base, layered with a die cut.  I drew round the inside of the die on the cardboard, cut it out and ripped half of the top layer off to reveal the corrugated design.  



On the bit I didn't rip, I used a stencil and Liquid Pearls to create the pattern.  Wrapped some string and threaded through the gift tag and tied into a bow so the tag does slide back and forth.  Cut the daisies from linen cardstock and just inked them, added a few gems to finish.  Not too shabby for a card made from packaging :)  Although I've now given my son a reason not to throw stuff away - sigh!

Challenges:-

HLS - Anything Goes with Die Cuts
Crafty Cardmakers - Lots of Layers


Supplies: Kraft card base, white linen cardstock, Spellbinders eyelet squares die, Penny Black bashful die, Woodware tag punch, Liquid Pearls, TH stencil, Hero Arts sentiment stamp and clear gems.

24 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, a superb card love the texture that the corrugated box gives and the pretty flowers. I'll have to save some of a box next time I get one... have a wonderful weekend... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh! What a great card you ended up with--love the packaging & those beautiful daisy die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever use of the recycled packaging - very effective. Good luck with the painting - could a black cat with magnolia spots be called a dalmation I wonder???

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very pretty all in brown with that little bit of inking. You are very inventive with your textures. I have one son who sits in his room, when not at work, and orders packages from Amazon and the other who refuses to shop with them! Neither ever go to an actual shop. So I feel your pain. I'm afraid it's a case of repeating yourself endlessly and you will make some progress in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done with the recycling, looks great in the background.
    Thanks for sharing at HLS Anything Goes with Dies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Stunning card, love the monochrome and use of the packaging, really love everything about this, thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and fabulous idea for using those Amazon boxes. My partner recycles everything regardless ...had to rescue a child's party invitation from the recycling bin the other day ..it had all the details of the party venue on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card and excellent use of the packaging. Had a little giggle at your post .. now your son has the perfect excuse not to throw things in the recycle bin. Sometimes we just can't win can we?? LOL!! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely way to alter the Amazon packaging; so very pretty! Glad your creative mind found a way to make your frustration with your son appease...at least for a while *grin* Thank you for sharing this gem in the HLS Anything Goes with Dies Challenge gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty! I love those daisies!Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice card. Love the clever use of texture. Thank you for joining our Lots of Layers Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Any comments left are always read with a happy smile and I will return the kindness by visiting your blog, take care x